12/29/08

Me Time

The past couple of months I have embarked, on what has most tragically been an ultimately futile search for the perfect planner for 2009. Oh, you may say, please. It can't be that hard. Well, let me tell you. It was that bad. You try opening calendar after calendar, some are too big, some too small, some don't have the right layout, some don't have the right sections, some... you get the idea. There was no "and this planner is just right".

So, you ask, what did I do in this hopeless situation? What anyone would have done--I made my own. After hours of toil I am happy to say I have an end result that is nigh perfect. The layout is so easy to use, the sections are useful, it actually makes sense. And there is space for to-do's, space for notes, and then, space for "Me Time", which was the most important section. Woah, you are thinking now! All that time you were simply looking for a calendar that gave you ample room to write stuff about yourself? Well, yeah. I wanted a place I could keep track of my goals and resolutions. No more, oh, I want to read more, or workout more, or learn more about art. Now I actually have one place to write it down, a way of holding myself accountable to myself. I want to make life happen, not let life happen. So I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment