1/23/09

Aloha!!!

So I am now sitting on the patio of the Honolulu airport, drinking the most expensive “tall” cup of coffee I’ve had since I was robbed at some deluxe coffee place somewhere in Italy. $2.62 for this precious cup of joe, but well worth it after flying for oh, 15 hours. I only got a few hours of sleep thanks to a great night out and a heinously early flight, both of which seemed like such good ideas at the time, until my alarm went off at 4:40am and I lugged my suitcases to the metro, half asleep and def not bright and chirpy. Oh. PS. Don’t leave home without weighing your bags. I was a whopping 17 pounds over the pathetic 50 pound limit, and you guessed it, they cut off my right arm to pay for the excess weight. Well. Not quite but $90 is def highway (or airway?!) robbery, no doubt about it.

I was lucky enough to get a non-stop from Minneapolis to Honolulu, instead of stopping in Frisco. (Original flight plan: DC-Detroit-MSP-Frisco-Honoluuuuuulu) Would have taken me another 4 hours to be sitting in this gorgeous weather. Needless to say I passed out on all of my 3 flights. The descent to Oahu was breathtaking, with the most brilliant greens and blues reaching out from the land and sea, sunshine and 80deg weather confirming that Hawaii was one brilliant choice. My extended Sabbath may well turn into a much longer mini-vacay than originally planned. What those original plans are you might be wondering? All in good time, my friends, all in good time. What I do know is that I am here to learn how to surf, and I def think I can get used to this ALOHA thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment